It’s easy to understand the reasons guys stay in touch with their ex-girlfriends.
They’re looking for closure, or they want some kind of validation that their relationship wasn’t all in their head.
But let’s be real: women are just as bad at staying in touch with past flames as men are. So what do they get out of it?
There are a few reasons men keep up with exes that might surprise you.
I’ve talked to a lot of my guy friends who stayed in touch with their ex-girlfriends after the relationship ended, and it’s usually because of one of these five reasons.
5 Reasons Guys Stay In Touch With Their Ex-Girlfriends
1. They still love them
You may be wondering why a guy would want to stay in touch with an ex-girlfriend. The answer is simple: he still has feelings for her.
If your boyfriend has been keeping tabs on you, it’s because he wants to know what’s going on in your life and how things are going between the two of you.
It could also mean that he isn’t over you yet but don’t worry! There are ways that can help him move on from his feelings (and they aren’t as hard as they seem)
2. They want to find out why the relationship ended
You may be wondering why a guy would want to know why he and his ex broke up.
It’s not because he wants to get back together with her, but rather for two reasons:
- He wants to find out if there was anything he could have done differently in order for the relationship to work out better.
- He also wants answers because it helps him move forward with his life without feeling stuck or confused about where things went wrong between him and his ex-girlfriend.
3. They are afraid of being alone
This is the most common reason guys stay in touch with their ex-girlfriends.
When you’re used to having someone around, it’s hard to imagine life without them.
You might think that if your relationship ended badly and you haven’t talked in a while, then it would be easier for both parties because they could move on and find someone new who will make them happy.
But this isn’t always true; sometimes people just can’t let go of what was once part of their lives, even when those memories aren’t pleasant ones anymore.
They don’t want change; they want things as they were before (or at least close enough).
4. They just want to be friends
There are a few reasons why guys might want to keep in touch with their ex girlfriend after they break up.
- They want to keep the door open for a future relationship. This can happen if you were together for a long time, or if your relationship ended on good terms.
- They still feel attracted to their ex. If you were close before and there was chemistry between the two of you, it’s likely that those feelings will resurface at some point down the line (and maybe even sooner).
- They’re afraid of being alone forever! It’s scary not knowing who else is out there or what could happen next, and sometimes it feels easier just staying where we know how things work rather than trying something new with someone else who may not be compatible with us yet anyway..
5. They need a shoulder to cry on
If you’re still in touch with your ex-girlfriend, it’s because you want her to be there for you during those times when things aren’t going well in your life.
You know that she’ll listen and understand what’s going on with you.
This can help reduce stress levels and make you feel better about yourself, which makes it easier for both of you to move forward with your lives separately but still together as friends
There are a few things to consider when you decide to keep your ex in the loop.
If you want to be friends, it’s important that they know what is going on with your life and vice versa.
The same goes for if you want them back romantically or not.
Keeping them informed of what is happening in your life will help them make an informed decision about whether or not they would like to get back together with their ex-girlfriend/boyfriend again.
The bottom line is that there are many reasons why guys stay in touch with their ex-girlfriends.
It’s important to remember that these are just a few of them, and they can vary from person to person.
For example, some people may have an emotional attachment due to past experiences with other relationships while others might be afraid of being alone.
At this time in life because they don’t have anyone else around them right now (such as friends or family members).
Whatever reason someone has for doing this shouldn’t matter though because it isn’t healthy for anyone involved if they aren’t willing to let go yet!